HeinOnline has created permanent links to its libraries, individual titles, and even to pages in documents to help make research and referencing more efficient.
Creating a link to a library
- Go to the HeinOnline Welcome Screen and right-click on the collection from the list of subscribed libraries.
- Depending on the web browser you use, choose one of the following options:
Copy Link Location in Firefox
Copy Shortcut in Internet Explorer
Copy Link Address in Chrome
Copy Link in Safari
- Paste the link accordingly.
Creating a link to a title
It’s possible to obtain a URL from several different places but, from any of the following locations, simply right-click on the title and choose the appropriate link copying tool for your web browser (as outlined above):
- Do a Catalog Search for particular journal, e.g. Yale Law Journal, and right-click on the title from the result to obtain the link.
- Browse the alphabetical list of titles available from any collection’s homepage, and right-click on the title to obtain the link.
- If you already have the title open, right-click on the title name from the navigation trail.
Creating a link to a specific page
- To obtain a permalink for a specific page use the Permalink button located in the toolbar above an open document.
- A box will open from which you can copy and paste the full URL.
- NOTE: it is possible to do this for any page in HeinOnline.