The SpringerLink database comprises collections of books, journals and reference works. It covers numerous disciplines from Architecture & Design to Social Sciences, and, among them, you can also find Law. A significant part of the law collection deals with contemporary problems of international law, environmental law, criminal law or legal theory. The database also provides a wide coverage across other law subjects.
SpringerLink is one of only a few publishers that permit you to lawfully download a whole book to you computer or mobile device, and keep it indefinitely for your own educational or research use.
Remember, downloading books for others is not allowed. Please only download what you need for the research, course or assignment you are working on – mass downloading to build up a library of your own is unfair on the publisher (and authors) and not permitted.
You might find the following instructions useful to get access to this database:
- Go to Primo
- Select Find Databases tab (on the top of Primo screen)
- Click on ‘S‘ to see databases starting with this letter
- Scroll down to SpringerLink, and click on the database
– Using on-campus computers, you will be directed to the database at once
– In case of off-campus access, you might be asked to log into the database
(Please provide your University username and password)
- Once inside the database, check the ‘Browse by discipline’ section, and select Law
- On the left hand side of the Law page, you can find different boxes:
– Deselect ‘Include preview-only‘
– Select Book from the ‘Type Content‘ box
– Select English from the ‘Language‘ box (Of course if you wish to read books in
other languages, you have to select the relevant language)
- Finally, you might like to check the Subdiscipline box to see the different law subjects the database, SpringerLink could offer to you.
From your result screen, click on the book title you would like to read or download, and follow the onscreen instructions.
Good discovery, reading and research, everyone!
Taylor Library Staff