First you need to give your document some headings. Then highlight and apply a style to your headings from the Styles group on the HOME tab.
Inserting a table of contents (TOC):
- Make sure your cursor is at the start of your document.
- Open up the REFERENCES tab and click on the drop down arrow in Table of Contents.
- Select a style or go to Custom Table of Contents for more options.
Editing the table of contents:
Click anywhere in your table of contents; your TOC will appear with a border around it. There will also be an options tab at the top:
- Click on the down arrow in Table of Contents. This will allow you to change the style or delete the TOC altogether.
- Click on Update Table to automatically update your TOC with content that has been added to your work after the insertion of the table of contents.
Any questions, come and speak to us!