Are you a new postgraduate law student at the University of Aberdeen? Do you have assignments to submit?
Here are some practical advice before submission:
- Be careful when you cite others’ thoughts, ideas or work. To avoid plagiarism, you always have to acknowledge your sources. Follow the hyperlinks to read more about Plagiarism, Citing the law or the Code of Practice in Student Discipline.
- The School of Law expects every student to use OSCOLA (Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities) citation style. If you want to cite international law sources, please see OSCOLA International guide (2006).
- Law Library Guides can also help you with citation or using legal databases:
- OSCOLA (Oxford Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities) – quick guide
- Common legal abbreviations
- Westlaw UK – quick guide
- Westlaw UK – cases
- Westlaw Uk – legislation
- Lexis®Library – key features
- Lexis®Library – searching for case law
- Lexis®Library – searching for articles in UK and international legal journals
- You will need a pink cover sheet for your printed essay. We have them in Taylor Library, check the Photocopy Area (opposite the Issue Desk).
- Finally, please remember that staff at our Help Desks are always available to help you.
Good luck with your assignments.
Taylor Library Team