As law exams start from today, we would like to wish you all the best. We hope you are well and well prepared for the exams. During revision time, quite a few of you asked about online resources. You know very well how to access e-books and electronic journals through Primo, but not everybody is aware of the fact that more and more publishers give us free access to their academic collections. This means that there are more law resources available online than before. This post will highlight a few notable collections:
The publisher, Bloomsbury Professional, has given us free access to the following law textbooks:
- Gretton & Steven: Property Trusts & Succession
- MacQueen & Thomson: Contract law in Scotland
- Thomson: Family Law in Scotland
- Dewart & MacQueen; Studying Scots Law
- Himsworth & O’Neill: Scotland’s Constitution Law & Practice
- Guthrie: Social Work Law in Scotland
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the link to the collection and for username and password.
Oxford Law Trove
Another important resource is Oxford Law Trove, which is Oxford University Press’s online platform for law textbooks. You can get temporary access to more than 190 titles there.
- On the library page, go to the Temporary Access to Additional E-Resources section.
- Scroll down to Oxford Law Trove, and click on the arrow next to the title.
- Follow the link provided in that section to log in to the collection.
- On the publishers’ login page, check the left hand side of the screen under the Law Trove logo, and in the pale blue login box, click on Sign in via your Institution.
- On the next page, find and select University of Aberdeen.
- An authentication box will appear, and you will need to enter your university IT username and password to log in to Law Trove.
Within the collection:
– You can click on the Subject tab (on the top left of the screen, under the Law Trove logo) to see the different categories there,
– or, you can use the Search box in the top right corner of the screen.
Finally, do not forget that there are law textbooks available on Westlaw UK. The route to the Westlaw UK database is the same as it was: through Primo. Once you have logged in, click on the arrow next to the Westlaw logo (on the top left corner of the screen), and select Books from the drop-down menu. On the Westlaw Books page, browse through the 336 book titles available to you.
Starting today, you will have a few days to finish your law exam questions online. If you need further help with accessing or using databases or the above mentioned collections, please contact us at email@example.com.
Taylor Library Team