Library staff in Taylor Library always put special emphasis on maintaining an atmosphere which is suitable for individual studies, but during revision and exam time, we try to do more to ensure that the working environment is appropriate for all patrons.
Exam time evidently comes with a lot of stress and the library is busier than usual. We thought that observing the following basic rules can enhance the learning experience here:
- Making and receiving phone calls is not permitted in Taylor Library. If you need to to make or receive a phone call, please leave the library to do so in the stairwell area of Taylor Block C.
- If you are working in a silent area, please do not disturb others, remember, talking is not permitted there.
- Be aware that food is not allowed in silent areas either, so please do not eat there.
- There is a restricted area in the far half of the ground floor in Block D where the use of electronic devices is not permitted.
- Please do not leave the library for long periods of time whilst using screen savers on library computers. Any PC which is left in this way will be logged out after a period of 30 minutes. This might mean that any unsaved work will be lost.
- Leaving your personal belongings unattended could be dangerous. The Library cannot take responsibility for lost items. Any belongings unattended for 30 minutes or more will be removed to the staff office.
- Although conversation is permitted in quiet areas, please remember, these chats must be very brief and quiet.
We would like to wish you good luck with your exams.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taylor Library Staff