Did you know that HeinOnline has a very useful Help & Support web page?
There are links to:
- Training Guides
- Videos and Webinars
- Library [collection] specific support
Their latest video shows you how to a print PDF file. They plan to add at least two new videos every month, and each one will be between two and four minutes in length.
If you need more help with using HeinOnline why don’t you take a look?
HeinOnline have added new content:
“The complete archive of the publications of the Tax Foundation are now available in an easy-to-use, fully searchable format in HeinOnline. The Tax Foundation, founded in 1937, collects data and publishes research studies on tax policies at both the [US] federal and state levels. Many of the titles that are now readily available and easily accessible in HeinOnline have long been out-of-print, and others are still being published today. [Particularly useful] for researchers interested in taxation, fiscal policy, and finance.”
To view the content open the Catalog Search tab on HeinOnline and search for Tax Foundation.
HeinOnline has created permanent links to its libraries, individual titles, and even to pages in documents to help make research and referencing more efficient.
Creating a link to a library
- Go to the HeinOnline Welcome Screen and right-click on the collection from the list of subscribed libraries.
- Depending on the web browser you use, choose one of the following options:
Copy Link Location in Firefox
Copy Shortcut in Internet Explorer
Copy Link Address in Chrome
Copy Link in Safari
- Paste the link accordingly.
Creating a link to a title
It’s possible to obtain a URL from several different places but, from any of the following locations, simply right-click on the title and choose the appropriate link copying tool for your web browser (as outlined above):
- Do a Catalog Search for particular journal, e.g. Yale Law Journal, and right-click on the title from the result to obtain the link.
- Browse the alphabetical list of titles available from any collection’s homepage, and right-click on the title to obtain the link.
- If you already have the title open, right-click on the title name from the navigation trail.
Creating a link to a specific page
- To obtain a permalink for a specific page use the Permalink button located in the toolbar above an open document.
- A box will open from which you can copy and paste the full URL.
- NOTE: it is possible to do this for any page in HeinOnline.
We have access to an exciting new collection on HeinOnline, Women and the Law (Peggy). Dedicated to Hein President Kevin Marmion’s mother, Peggy, this unique collection of books, biographies and journals covers the progression of women’s role in society over the past two hundred years. Also included are more than seventy titles from Emory University Law School’s Feminism and Legal Theory Project, covering the effect of law and culture on the female gender.
Notable works included in this library are History of Woman Suffrage (1881-1922), and the Documentary History of the Legal Aspects of Abortion series. Also featured are other works on abortion, biographies of famous women, works on legal rights and suffrage, and books and journals on the role of women in education and employment.
To browse the collection on HeinOnline look up Women and the Law (Peggy) in either the Collection Name or the Collection Type indexes on the home page.
Information Consultant (Law)
HeinOnline has announced “a new partnership with Fastcase, a leading legal research service, that features powerful ‘best-case-first’ tools that make research faster than ever. This partnership allows Hein to provide federal and state case law powered by Fastcase… via inline hyperlinks, along with the option to retrieve case law by citation.”
For more information see HeinOnline’s Case Law brochure.
In December 2013 HeinOnline added 105 new documents and more than 35 new titles to World Constitutions Illustrated. See brochure for details.
This month HeinOnline added 82 new documents and more than 40 new titles to the World Constitutions Illustrated collection. For more details see http://heinonline.org/HeinDocs/WorldConstitutionsIllustrated.pdf.
This month HeinOnline has added 60 new documents and over 40 new titles to their World Constitutions Illustrated Library. A brochure is available here or go online to find out more.
About World Constitutions Illustrated (source HeinOnline):
“We are working to identify and acquire the source documents for every historical constitution for every country. As historical documents are identified, they will be added to the constitutional timeline for each country. Documents identified but not yet acquired will be listed to provide a documentary history of the constitution’s development. For every constitutional document, researchers will find the original text, amending laws, consolidated text, and important related texts. We will also link you to scholarly articles and commentary, and provide a bibliography of select constitutional books available elsewhere.”
HeinOnline have announced the addition of the following titles to their Law Journal Library:
- Australian Law Times (ceased)
- Birkbeck Law Review
- Climate Law
- Journal of World Investment & Trade
- Legal Miscellanea
- Peking University Transnational Law Review
- Penn State Environmental Law Review
- Revista Forumul Judecatorilor
- WLR Online (Wisconsin Law Review Online Companion)
In May 2013 HeinOnline announced a milestone with more than 1800 journals now available in the Law Journal Library. Here is an outline of the notable journal titles added to the collection:
- Brigham-Kanner Property Rights Conference Journal, Vol. 1 (2012). Full text. Published by William & Mary Law School, United States.
- DIREITO GV Law Review, Vols. 1-7 (2005-2011). Full text. Published by Fundacao Getulio Vargas, Escola de Direito, Brazil.
- Journal of Comparative Law, Vols. 1-4 (2006-2009). Full text vols 1-4 (2006-2009); Indexed vols 1-6 (2006-2011). Published by Wildy, Simmonds & Hill Publishing, United Kingdom.
- Journal of International Humanitarian Legal Studies, Vols. 1-2 (2010-2011). Full text not yet available. Published by Brill, the Netherlands.
- Journal of Land and Development, Vol. 1 (2011). Full text. Published by University of Baltimore, United States.
- LSU Journal of Energy Law and Resources, Vol. 1(1) (2012). Full text. Published by Louisiana State University, United States.
- Mid-Atlantic Journal on Law and Public Policy, Vol. 1(1) (2012). Full text. Published by Mid-Atlantic Lyceum, United States.
- Middle East Law and Governance (Brill), Vols. 1-3(1) (2009-2011). Full text. Published by Brill, the Netherlands.
- Perspectives of Business Law Journal, Vol. 1 (2012). Full text. Published by Law Department of the Bucharest University of Economic Studies and the Society of Juridical and Administrative Sciences, Romania.
- Public Security Studies / Studii de Securitate Publica, Vols. 1-2(1) (2012-2013). Full text. Published quarterly by Alexandru Ioan Cuza Police Academy, Romania.
- Southampton Student Law Review, Vols. 1-2 (2011-2012). Published by Southampton Law School, United Kingdom.
- UCL Human Rights Review, Vols. 1-4 (2008-2011) Full text. All Published. Published by University College London, United Kingdom.
- UK Law Students’ Review, Vol. 1 (2012). Full text. Published by UK Law Students’ Association, United Kingdom.
More details can be found online in the HeinOnline Newsletter (May 2013).